Monday, October 10, 2016

Journal 2: Join an Affinity Group and Share your Digg Stream

Journal #2

Reflection:
I joined a few affinity groups on Twitter.  I joined National Geographic, TED Talks and quite a few more.  I am looking forward to see how these groups will keep me up to date.  I have never used Twitter before so I do not know what I should expect.


So I was not sure about if Digg would be a website I would even use.  I first set it up to have all my news.  I am the type of person who goes to multiple sources such as yahoo, CNN and more.  For once it was nice to be able to scroll down a list with all of the articles that I wanted to read.  I was so used to going to multiple websites.  It was also nice that I could put the different topics that I was interested in into separate groups.  Digg was a great resource but I wish that I did not have to open new tabs for some of the articles that I wanted to read.  It was like creating my own personal newspaper.  I was able to add the parts I liked and take out the ones that did not interest me.  So I tried out the mobile app for Digg and I liked it a lot more than the regular interface that was on the computer.

Q1:  Was it easy to join an affinity group?
A1:So at first I did not think it was that difficult to join an affinity group.  I went to try and add a few but it seems you have to be accepted in by an administrator.  It was taking too long so I just ended up creating a twitter account.

Q2:How easy is Digg to use?

A2: Digg was simple to use.  I was able to set up my account instantly.  It was easy to search for topics to add to my Digg feed.  I was able to switch between the different topics that I wanted to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment