Monday, October 24, 2016

Journal Post 4: Project Plan

Journal #4
Site title - Joshua Keagy website.
Developer - Joshua Keagy
Rational or focus - This will be a website that I will be able to use to show employers my skills to help me get a job.  I have seen several teachers take in physical folders showing the work they have done.  I want a simple website that I could pull up on an ipad and they could look at the material that I have created.  I want to create a website that I will be able to add or replace things easily.
Main features outline - The main features of this site will be my education, skills that I have learned over the years and things that I have worked on.  I want this website to show that I am an individual with a wide range of skills.
Content - This website will have around eight web pages. Some pages may end up going together. I want to also include some pdfs such as my resume so employers are able to open it quickly. I will also add links and pictures of my work.
Main page
  • Education
  • Skills
  • About me
  • Contact Me
  • Photo album
  • Projects
  • Survey
Target audience - It will be for employers.  I also want to include some student work or lesson plans that I have created that other teachers can look at.
Design considerations. I want the website to be easy to navigate.  If I want a pdf to show up I want it to open in a new page or some way to easily view it.  All links will be clearly marked.
Limiting factors - I would like to put up a survey page so that I could use it in my future classrooms and share it with other instructors.  It is easier to look at data when it is organized.  I will probably have to learn some java for the survey.  Even though I am not a full time teacher and I do not have a lot of lesson plans to share.  It will have to grow after I become a teacher.
Site Map

Wire Frame Image
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment