Monday, November 14, 2016

Journal 6: Self Reflection

Journal #6

I have learned a lot over the first five weeks I have been in GED 512.  I knew a little about HTML and how to type it out in notepad but it was my first time dealing with CSS.  I find it useful now that I learned that I could make a CSS document to style all of my pages.  It saves me from putting it into each page.  The most difficult assignment that I have had during the first five weeks was the chapter 9 book exercise.  When I was going through the code of how they wanted it mine always showed up differently when it was launched. It took me a while but I read through the HTML document to see if I had spelling mistakes and other trouble shooting methods.  I eventually found out that the final example that I had to download had a flaw they did not end the fieldset correctly so the layout was different. The most rewarding assignment was when I linked all of the HTML pages for the chapter 6. That assignment showed me that the more organized you are the easier it is to make sure that the links work on your pages. It took a little while but I fully understand how to link pages and that it is easier when they are together.

most difficult assignment chapter 9 book exercise

rewarding assignment chapter 6 book exercise

Q1:What advice would you give other students who are taking this class?
A1:I would recommend not using notepad or text editor to work on these assignments.  You need a program that can keep your information organized. I like using dreamweaver because it is easy to keep all of my files organized and I can see live updates of the changes I make in My HTML documents.

Q2:What do you want to learn more about for the rest of the quarter?

A2:I would like to learn more about CSS. I want my final website to look professional and I need a good design.  I would also like to learn about other features that I can embed in my HTML files.

No comments:

Post a Comment